The follow up to Interim Report, March 1979 provides a soundtrack to industry, employment and life in Warrington-Runcorn at the tail end of the 1970s.
Nine new tracks celebrate the work and communities that surrounded the Warrington-Runcorn area, from the petrochemical plant at Weston Point to the cutting-edge Parkside Colliery at Newton-le-Willows.
The album was out on 3rd September 2021 on coloured vinyl and digital formats from Castles in Space and records stores across the UK.
“An on-boarding seminar for a distant time and place, when specks on the map of England had enormous cooling towers on their horizons” – Bleep
“It’s retro-futurism as head-shaking social comment, a heartrending experience. An album of stained overalls and shattered pride.” – Electronic Sound
- Fanfare for the Working Man
- Built by Robots
- This is the Age of the Train
- Man and Manufacturing
- Part of the Union
- Eye See Eye
- Managed Decline
- Aerospace (digital bonus track)
- Industrial Zone (digital bonus track)
- Blue and white vinyl from record stores.
- Red and white vinyl from Castles in Space Bandcamp.